In Luke 17:35-43, a blind beggar receives his sight. It takes an encounter with God to receive His miracle. Where I am today isn’t all God has for me!
Within this story in Luke we see the following:
- Blind and begging – We too have been blinded from past experiences, shame, bad decisions, discouragement, let down after let down and it may be hard to move forward.
- The blind man cried out – We need to cry out because our situation needs to change. “Have mercy on me” he cried out.
- They said “be quiet” – We can feel that way; people or circumstances say we can’t approach God for what we need.
- He called out all the more – The more pressure, the harder it gets, we need to cry out all the more.
- Jesus stopped – A lot of times He doesn’t stop because we’re perfect, He stopped because He heard him cry out. There are a lot of times where we need to say, “GOD, I NEED YOU!”
- Jesus asked what he needed – We need to be honest and ask God for what we need.
- Your faith has healed you – God responded to His faith.
Jeremiah 17:7 reads “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.”
Do you truly believe? Sometimes we are stuck in our spiritual walk because we lack faith and trust in God. A sign of spiritual growth is when we begin to blindly trust God.
You control your faith and how you’re going to believe in Him. Will you trust in God and allow him to do what He needs to do in your life?
We encourage you to start this day with telling God, “Lord, I’m trusting in You” and repeat it until you trust God, repeat it until you believe it!